By visiting thelondoninstitute.org.uk or any apps published by us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the “DPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) and all other relevant legislation, the data controller is The London Institute of Social Studies. The data controller can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Definitions and interpretation
- Data: Collectively all information that you submit to The London Institute of Social Studies via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
- The London Institute of Social Studies, we or us: The London Institute of Social Studies is sole trader company whose registered office is at Leicester
- UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by portable or salon and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The London Institute of Social Studies and accessing the website and mobile applications in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: The website that you are currently using, thelondoninstitute.org.uk The London Institute of Social Studies, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Subdomain Companies: any company get service from The London Institute of Social Studies under subdomain.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in different parts of our site www.The London Institute of Social Studies or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, make a booking via our site, leave reviews or participate in other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- if you make a booking via our site we will also collect the following information including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
How is your information used?
- Information you give to us.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about, but only where you have consented to receive this information;
- to provide you, with information about offers and services we feel may interest you but only where you have consented to receive this information. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
e) to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- Information we collect about you.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
How long we keep your personal data
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymized (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- The London Institute of Social Studies’s general retention policy is to retain information for 6 years. In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold on to your personal information after we’ve finished providing services to you, or for longer than our general retention policy.
In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us to delete your data.
How we store your data:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Disclosure of your information to others:
- Individuals within The London Institute of Social Studies for the purposes of administering your account or the services you will receive from The London Institute of Social Studies, or for the purposes of providing other information which you have consented to receive.
- Selected third parties including:
- Other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Payment services providers;
- Information Technology and other service providers in relation to our software, support systems and administration;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
Third party websites and services
- The London Institute of Social Studies may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The London Institute of Social Studies, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Data security is of great importance to The London Institute of Social Studies and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The London Institute of Social Studies to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Know your Rights:
- Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (your right of access). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We may make a small charge for this service.
- Marketing: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always obtain your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you provide your consent and then change your mind, you can inform us of this by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, by email at email@example.com or on the My Profile section of the website
- Corrections: You may ask us to rectify or remove information you think is inaccurate. We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date.
- Complaints: If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have collected or used your information, you can lodge a formal complaint at any time by contacting the Information Commissioners Office (ico.org.uk).
- Consent: Where you have previously given your consent for us to use your data in a way in which you no longer wish us to use it, e.g. to provide you with information about other products or services, you can withdraw this consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, or on the My Profile section of the website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please email at email@example.com